Monthly Archives: October 2011

GA-MMA Virtual Ethnography

My ethnographic study was of the GA-MMA group… the Gerry Anderson Model Makers’ Alliance. The study is at: http://atate.org/mscel/ethno/ Please leave any comments here.

Posted in EDC11 | Tagged , | Comments Off

Ethnography Week – welcome to week 7

hi everyone, and a big welcome to week 7! This week we’ll have a chance to admire and discuss the fruits of your efforts over the past few weeks as you’ve developed your ‘micro-ethnography’, exploring the concepts raised in the … Continue reading

Posted in Weekly Welcomes | Comments Off

B(at), Be, … Z…

It’s Halloween from bat, from AT, and this time its not Ai but from Be… and what’s that about Z? See the Holyrood Park blog entry.

Week 6 Summary

Hands writing on the ‘Circulation, Networking [and] Flattening’ came to mind this week and can be related to a virtual community. My chosen community is brought together by the belief that the members are equipped with political, moral and spiritual … Continue reading

Posted in Weekly blogs | Comments Off

Mumsnet ethnography

I really struggled to upload this ethnography as it was originally in powerpoint and slideshare wouldn’t accept it. Have uploaded as a movie to youtube but, unfortunately it’s lost its soundtrack. Just imagine the theme to Charlie’s Angels in the … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Comments Off

Summary: Week 6

Its hard to believe that we are already half way through the term.  The life stream is a great way to review my journey through the course content and I really have the feeling that the content I’m pushing into … Continue reading

Posted in ELearning and Digital Culture, Miscellaneous Techno Babble, Social Networks | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Week 6 Summary

The focus this week has been on data collection, some of which I had hoped to add to my feeds, and to giving some thought to the choice of media I’d like to use to present my ethnography.  My plan … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged | Comments Off

Lifestream Week 6

There was an excuse provided by the subject of study on IDEL11 in the last week to look at a “Personal Learning Environment (PLE)”, e-Portfolios like “PebblePad” and “Virtual Learning Environments (VLEs)” like WebCT/Blackboard and Moodle. This was actually quite … Continue reading

Week 5 Lifestream Summary

Virtual communities is the theme of this block and our task is to build an ethnography,  something I haven’t attempted before.  In order to get an understanding I read and re-read the recommended readings. If I understand Hine (2000) correctly, … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Comments Off

LifeStream Reflections Week 5 – Community, Crowds and Networks of Individuals

This week I started out by trying to get to grips with the concept of community and at the end of the week I’m not sure I’m much further on. I began with empathising with Rheingold’s vision of the lost … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Comments Off