Monthly Archives: November 2011

Eco bugs as post human pedagogy

I have chosen the Future Lab demonstration of Eco Bugs as my example of a post human pedagogy. The Eco Bugs ‘game’ may be viewed as a post human ‘gathering’ (Edwards, 2010) of children, game designers, the natural environment and … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Comments Off

I, PI, … Eye

I have been working on my Digital Cultures course final project for a couple of weeks now. It is a study of Identity, Avatar and On-line Identity, Community Identity and the use of an Analytical Eye over these topics. http://atate.org/ai/pi/ … Continue reading

Posted in EDC11 | Tagged | Comments Off

Week 10: Full circle.

One of the things I’ve liked about the Lifestream has been the way that links have become apparent between weekly or two-weekly topics because some feeds that I have subscribed to, with one topic in mind, have provided interesting insights … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Comments Off

Posthuman pedagogy task: Exopedagogy

I took my lead in thinking about posthuman pedagogy from considering Hayles’s critique of anthropocentrism and Pederson’s critques of, firstly, the ‘”humanist” tradition, where the human subject is considered both the instrument and the end product of education’, and, secondly, … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Comments Off

Weeks 11 and 12: the home straight!

Welcome to the final stage of the course! The posthuman pedagogy tasks are arriving thick and fast, and looking fantastic. We are now starting the final period of assignment preparation. Therefore, there are no structured tasks for the next two … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Comments Off

Posthuman Pedagogy

As I am learning to speak Hungarian I thought I’d use this for the posthuman pedagogy task. I’ve spent a week or two in Hungary these last couple of summers.   Total immersion is probably the best way to go;  … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged , | Comments Off

Posthuman Pedagogy

Background This week I attended the annual Cardiology Symposium where presentations were made on the developments and aspirations for the management of a variety of cardiac conditions.  Without harping on too much about the medical I will try to provide … Continue reading

Posted in Block 3: Posthumanities | Comments Off

Thoughts on Harraway’s The Cyborg Manifesto

This Wordle visualisation illustrates the strong (anti)feminist connection that come’s through in Donna Haraway’s essay “A Cyborg Manifesto”. Centrally Haraway’s cyborg world seems to be a device for abandonning the dualisms of (wo)man/machine, mind/body etc. The cyborg provides a predominantly … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Comments Off

Feenberg on the Ten Paradoxes of Technology

I have just watched a recording of Ten Paradoxes of Technology. He seems to be espousing a posthumanist perspective of technology and uses these ten paradoxes to illustrate how we are often blinded to the interdependance of the human and … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Comments Off

Week 10 Summary

This is the final structured week of the course and once again I find myself running to catch up.  I have been gathering information on cyborgs, humans and posthumans to help me understand the differences, especially the nuances between human … Continue reading