Monthly Archives: December 2011

A request from Ania

Ania’s requested permission from you all to look at your visual artefacts as part of her final assignment – copying what she says in her blog below: ——- I’m thinking of making a rhizome out of my favourite threads: visuality … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Comments Off

Visualising the final assignment

I’m thinking of making a rhizome out of my favourite threads: visuality and posthumanism and what they can/should mean for the academia, all in the form of a video. I thought I could use some of the visual artefacts created … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged | Comments Off

End of Lifestream Summary

A thoroughly challenging and inspiring few weeks have been spent involved in the course content. When embarking upon this course, two personal concerns were that the content would be irrelevant to my professional practice or the technical aspects too advanced … Continue reading

Posted in Blogs, Weekly blogs | Comments Off

Week 12 Summary

Much time this week has been spent reading and looking at PBworks, though this has not been fed into my lifestream. It is only as I come to write this summary that I see how empty my lifestream is this … Continue reading

Posted in Weekly blogs | Comments Off

a posthuman ant a lifestream

Make a rhizome. But you don’t know what you can make a rhizome with, you don’t know which subterranean stem is going to make a rhizome, or enter a becoming, people your desert. So, experiment. (Deleuze &Guattari, 1987: 246)   … Continue reading

Posted in lifestreammaries | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

Lifestream Summary

I started the course considering myself in tune with digital culture, but now have come to realize there is so much more than I had imagined.  A topic as deceptively simple as what is a cyborg and its relation to … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Comments Off

Lifestream Summary

My lifestream for EDC has ebbed and flowed sometimes gaining momentum as I find a topic that interests me and sometimes slowing to a trickle as I take time to catch breath and focus on a reading or merely deal … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Comments Off

Lifestream Reflections – Week 10

My lifestream this week is in spate – relatively speaking! However I see it is a focussed jet rather than an indiscriminate spray. Of particular interest are the connections I have been able to make with sources I had bookmarked … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Comments Off

Lifestream Reflections – Week 9

This week my lifestream seems a rather eclectic mix which crosses context boundaries and demonstrates changes in pace of engagement. I began with a mission to get a better feel of the ideas around the cyborg and the posthuman condition. … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Comments Off

Week 12 – Final Lifestream Summary

It’s been quite a journey, these past twelve weeks. I’ve been exposed to new ideas, concepts and applications.  I entered into Sian’s ‘uncanny’ space. When applying for this course and reading the blurb, my first question was, “What is lifestreaming?” … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged , , | Comments Off