header image

Archive for September, 2011

Descending the Trees

• 30/09/2011

Could ‘digital culture’ refer to ‘an essentially heterogeneous reality’, a flattened ‘plane of consistency’ where’lines of segmentarity’ and ‘lines of flight’ weave into each other, excluding a dichotomy, and a relationship of power, a rhizome in one word (Deleuze & Guattari, 1987). My analysis of a term into a root word and a modifier can [...]

Post Scriptum …

• 27/09/2011

… to my Week 1 Lifestream Summary. I went for a wordle representation of the beginnings of my lifestream because I feel it is still in its infancy, when it’s being shaped out of a mass of disorganised threads, scraps and traces left by me on the Web. I wove the word cloud with short [...]

Lifestream 1

• 25/09/2011

Moveo ergo sum

• 25/09/2011

I am a human and as such I am rational, autonomous and have free-will, right? Yet, why do I so often tremble, unsure of myself and world around me? Why do I feel I am on a constant quest, unable to settle down, unable to be ‘one’, but undergoing transformation and fragmentation, me being an [...]

Deus ex Machina

• 24/09/2011

eXistenZ is advertised as a statement about how humans and the surrounding technologies interact with each other and the most common interaction pattern seems to be that of constant blurring and penetration, including ‘surgical penetration’ in the form of a ‘bio-port’.   These bio-ports are quite interesting in a sense that they are linked to [...]

Love Thy Tech

• 22/09/2011

Synopsis: A man goes up a big mountain where, in answer to his invocation and in a flood of eerie light, a machine descends from heavens. He brings it down to his compatriots who immediately knock down a bull from the pedestal and start worshipping the Machine. The TV Set, as the machine turns out [...]

Testing the waters

• 12/09/2011

Funny – my original plan was to erase this post but seeing how the comments followed my seemingly insignificant announcement ‘Hurrah I got in’, I decided to write up a post summarising my ideas spurred by the conversation below (perhaps a new precedent in blog writing?;-) When musing over the term ‘digital culture’, I thought [...]