header image

Archive for December, 2011

Visualising the final assignment

• 19/12/2011

I’m thinking of making a rhizome out of my favourite threads: visuality and posthumanism and what they can/should mean for the academia, all in the form of a video. I thought I could use some of the visual artefacts created on this course (and some of the related comments too) as an illustrative example of [...]

a posthuman ant a lifestream

• 11/12/2011

Make a rhizome. But you don’t know what you can make a rhizome with, you don’t know which subterranean stem is going to make a rhizome, or enter a becoming, people your desert. So, experiment. (Deleuze &Guattari, 1987: 246)   This text participates in the process of gathering (Edwards, 2010:5) spun over twelve weeks of [...]

Posthuman week 11

• 10/12/2011

While trying to crack posthuman pedagogy, the ideas put forward by Gough (2004) struck me as potentially good guidelines. Toward the end of his paper, he criticises the Cyborg Manifesto, which, in his opinion, although firmly grounded in situated knowledge, cyborg ontology and border pedagogy lacks the art, the humour and the paradox of Deleuze’s rhizome. [...]

Visual week 10

• 09/12/2011

The term visual turn stuck to me the moment I heard it, mostly because of its interpretive openness and democracy of relations with  no embedded subordination. The visual syntax resembles a rhizome more than a Chomskyan tree. Visually, the day is ‘a day of encountering significant objects rather than action-events’ (Kress, 2005). A day … [...]