before semester starts…
1. Please make sure you have read your Course Guide and that you have a clear sense of the shape and structure of the course. Download your copy of the course guide here – and please talk to your course tutor if you’ve any queries or concerns. Please also drop your tutor an email to let them know you’ve ‘arrived’.
2. You’ll need to get familiar with this course site, and your wordpress lifestream. The lifestream may seem fiddly at first but should soon begin to make sense. If you’d like some extra guidance, Jen made two lifestream setup videos last year that might come in handy – these are at http://www.screenr.com/0lG (part 1, 5 minutes) and http://www.screenr.com/ZlG (part 2, 5 minutes). Please contact your tutor if you’re having problems.
3. Please set up a profile of yourself in your wordpress blog, to make it easy for everyone to get a sense of who we are. There are nine students studying ‘Digital cultures’ this semester.
4. Go to the ‘Digital cultures’ wall in Wallwisher and post up a note on the idea of what ‘digital culture’ means to you. Your posting can be any format – text, image, audio, video. Start getting into the habit of feeding this kind of thing into your lifestream – go to ‘Do more’ in the Wallwisher menu to get the RSS feed for the wall, and add it to your lifestream feed. The Course Guide explains how.
5. We’re using Twitter in the early weeks of the course, so if you’re not tweeting already, please get yourself set up with a Twitter account and a sense of how it works. There are full instructions on this in the Course Guide and in the programme Technologies Handbook, which you’ll have received in the post. Our Twitter hashtag is #ededc.
Comments are closed.