Monthly Archives: November 2011

TransHuman

I started watching this clip (it is long at 50 mins), and I have to say it blew me away.  In 1963 Dr. Robert White of Cleveland Medical Hospital performed the first experiment to keep the brain alive outside the … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | 1 Comment

Being human…

“…Being digital without being human…” I keep reading it over and over, and can’t decide if I like the statement or not, if I agree, or not.  What does it mean to be human?  Do we exist separately both in … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Comments Off

Block 2 Summary – Virtual Communities

In preparation for the lifestream assessment, I have renamed this post from the original “Communities” to the summary for this block as I felt it more appropriate.  While I have left the original text as is, I have added some … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | 1 Comment

My ethnography

When tasked with doing a micro-ethnography I tossed around many ideas… blogging the study, PowerPoint, etc, but I finally settled on using Prezi… honestly because I had never used it, and I wanted to try it.  Hopefully the final project … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Comments Off

Ethnography…

Is Cayman News Service an online community? Created and posted on Prezi Unfortunately despite having the possibility to embed the link code and player from Prezi, it does not appear to work within the framework of this site.  Please follow … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | 6 Comments