Monthly Archives: December 2011

Lifestream Summary

I started the course considering myself in tune with digital culture, but now have come to realize there is so much more than I had imagined.  A topic as deceptively simple as what is a cyborg and its relation to … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Comments Off

Block 3 Summary – Posthumanism

I’ve been returning to the introduction to this block of the course and keep reading the line “…digital culture is to an extent a culture of the posthuman.”  What does that mean in relation to my thoughts on the readings … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Comments Off

Posthuman Pedagogy

How do you educate the post-human?  First we must agree on what the definition of a post-human should be.  Is it as Hayles (1999) states, that the “defining characteristics (of a posthuman) involve the construction of subjectivity, not the presence … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | 1 Comment

The medium and the message

“If I’m not me… who the hell am I?” How can information be disconnected from the body?  The message is tied to the medium…  the medium might change, but you can’t have one without the other.  The message must be … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Comments Off

Haraway and the Cyborg Manifesto

“(Cyborg) is not made of mud and cannot dream of returning to dust.” (Haraway, 2007) I had such a hard time reading the piece by Haraway, as even the title itself and its reference to socialist-feminism tainted my attitude towards … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Comments Off